Massage Therapy can help to relax tight muscles, alleviate stress, help rid your body of toxins and speed healing. Massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach to wellness based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Regular monthly massage provides therapeutic relief to people of all ages and all walks of life, from the competitive athlete to the home gardener to the over-stressed business person.
Enjoying massage therapy at Essence Acupuncture & Wellness can address a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension. Massage may additionally offer certain benefits in treating high blood pressure, lower back pain, post-operative care, arthritis and depression. When used in conjunction with acupuncture lifestyle care, it can help you achieve optimum health.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Increased Circulation & Flexibility
- Improved Concentration/Focus
- Increased Energy
- Boosts Immunity
- Reduces Heart Rate & regulates Blood pressure
- Assists with Injury Rehabilitation
- Relieves tension-related headaches
- Decreases Anxiety & Stress
- Reduces Pain & muscle stiffness
- Improves mood and energy
- Improves muscle tone
Massages Offered At Essence
- Wellness or Swedish: General massage for relaxation and well-being. Decreases stress and improves circulation throughout the body.
- Deep Tissue: Involves a deeper pressure targeting chronic muscle tension with focus on deep muscle layers, tendons, and fascia.
- Prenatal: Promotes Hormone regulation,increases oxygen and blood supply in the body, reduces edema, reduces pain, Improves mood, digestion, and sleep.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Alleviates pain, Increases blood flow to the tissue, eases numbness, tenderness, and releases toxins from tissue.
- Hot Stone: A form of “Thermotherapy” providing warmth to the muscles allowing for deeper relaxation and release of muscle tension.
- Myofascial Release: For chronic pain syndromes, aiding in the release of endorphins to decrease pain, strengthen the immune system, improve nerve function, and increase blood circulation.
- Sports Massage: A form of bodywork geared toward participants in athletics. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activity and maintain it in optimal condition, and to help athletes recover from workouts and injuries.
- Ashi-Fusion: We have named this service ASHIATSU FUSION, because of the combination of barefoot and hands-on traditional massage techniques of our Essence Signature Massage. Utilizing stools for support, balance, and leverage the therapist is seated using their body weight and gravity to apply deep Swedish, Myofascial, and Compression techniques using their bare feet. The combination of gravity, pressure, and flow melts away muscle tension in a deeply relaxing way without the sharp discomfort associated with traditional deep tissue massage.